Get me outta here!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

January Movies

As I haven't done any movie reviews of any of the movies I watched in January so let's have a look.

I started out my year by re-watching both of the Bridget Jones movies, after I had re-watched Love Actually, I felt like seeing some more Hugh Grant so I decided to re-watch these two.

bridgetjones1 bridgetjones2 

Yay!

  • Hugh Grant. Seriously, nothing else needs to be said. So sexy as a bad boy.
  • Colin Firth. I'm a Hugh fan girl but in these movies Colin Firth even convinces me, he's just the perfect mix of a man.
  • Bridget, she's not perfect and relatable to a lot of women, which is quite refreshing
  • The group of friends, they're awesome and honest
  • The humor, they're the kind of movies that have you laughing out loud even though you've already seen them.
  • The romance, which is so perfect yet not perfect because Bridget keeps messing it up.
  • The fights between Hugh Grant and Colin Firth, one should only watch these for those alone.

Nay...

  • The second movie seems to be trying a bit too hard and relies a too much on practical jokes.
  • The whole plot in Thailand and Bridget going to prison is far from realistic, she's not THAT stupid.
  • Daniel having ordered a hooker and taking Bridget to his room, seriously?!

All in all

These are obviously not highbrow movies but I like my romantic comedies from time to time and even more so when they star Hugh Grant (in any format, bad boy or not) and these are particularly funnies and movies that I can re-watch from time to time and still get lost in it. They're kinda refreshing and Renee Zellweger is the perfect Bridget, even though there was probably nobody who thought she would be when she was first cast.

4 stars for the first one and 3 stars for the second one.

518efKfpDWL._SX500_ 

Yay!

  • The ending was great, loved the music and the dancing.
  • Melissa McCarthy.
  • The friendships.
  • The food poisoning and the scene at the bridal store, I'm usually not a fan of this kind of humor but this was kinda funny, I mean Melissa McCarthy on that sink? Hilarious!

Nay...

  • I'm not a huge wedding fan so the whole theme of the movie was not my kind of thing.
  • It's a movie you easily forget.
  • It wasn't as funny as it's made out to be.
  • The main actress was kinda meh.
  • The creepy cousins.

All in all

Honestly, it's one of those movies I watched and didn't really think about, I remember some things and I remember laughing about some things and liking the end of it but I don't really have a lot to say about this one.

3 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment